The earth is quaking, the jungle floor is shaking! What's going on? Oh no--Hilda must be dancing! And when hippos dance all sorts of castastrophes can hapen. Her friends wish she would take up a less destructive hobby. Hilda tries new activities but nothing is as fun as dancing! Will Hilda be able to pursue her dreams and keep her friends? Vibrant, funny illustrations and boisterous rhyme make this a memorable read aloud.
There's always more to the book than what ends up on the pages. Find out more soon.
• "Watts illustrates this cartoon jungle with a palette of vibrant tropical colors and creates bold and humorous images that further energize an already active text. Told in rhyme with plenty of onomatopoeia, this delightfully noisy story is nonstop fun."
–School Library Journal reviewing Hilda Must Be Dancing
• "As in her deservedly popular Bear Snores On (2002), Wilson's verse swings fetchingly" and "Move over Olivia, Clorinda, Angelina, Red, and all you others."
–Kirkus Reviews for Hilda Must Be Dancing
• "Acompanied by Watt's laugh-out-loud, bubbly illustrations of African animal scenes, Wilson's delightful rhymes celebrate a heroine with style, spunk, and artistic vision to spare."
–Barnes and Noble reviewing Hilda Must Be Dancing
• "Rollicking rhymes and dynamic, jungle-hued illustrations make Karma Wilson (Bear Snores On, A Frog in the Bog) and Suzanne Watts' picture book collaboration a must for every foot-stomping, tutu-swishing reader. Irresistible!"
–Amazon.com reviewing Hilda Must Be Dancing
• "A bright blue, fanciful hippo named Hilda loves to dance, but when she does the jungle quakes and she kicks up quite a lot dirt, as told with repeating phrases and jaunty rhymes."
–Field Guide to Parenting reviewing Hilda Must Be Dancing